How to Keep Your Pet Warm During the Holidays
As we get into the later stages of this year and into early next, the weather starts to get much more chilly and it’s important for our pets to stay warm. Here are a few ways you can make sure your furry loved one is warm during the holiday months:
- Check the weather before you go outside: As a rule of thumb, if it’s too cold outside for you, then it’s too cold outside for your pet. So it’s best to check the weather before going outside with your pet so you can be more prepared.
- Go on shorter, more frequent walks: Go on shorter, more frequent walks so your pet can get the exercise they need, while also avoiding the cold for extended periods of time.
- Wash and dry your pet’s feet after going outside: During the winter months, many roads are coated in salt and other chemicals. If your pet has dry or cracked paws, then these chemicals can be quite an irritant for them. After going outside, wash and dry your pet’s feet to remove any harmful substances.
- Consider a sweater and shoes: Consider a pair of boots and a sweater for your pet so they can stay warm. These can be great options and can really keep your pet’s body and feet warm during the cooler months. If your pet isn’t used to wearing sweaters or boots, then it’s best to gradually introduce them to the clothing.
- Feed your pets well: A well-balanced nutritious diet and proper hydration are keys to keeping your dog safe and healthy during the cooler months. Make sure their water bowl is always full and check with your local vet on the proper diet for your pet if you have any questions.
Ask Our Vets At Monroe Animal Health Center
If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy vet in the Monroe, West Monroe, and Bastrop areas, then come visit us at Monroe Animal Health Center. Our kindhearted staff will greet you with a smile, talk you through any procedures or appointments, and answer all questions you have. There’s nothing we want more than your and your pet’s trust. Contact us today if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment!